Friday, March 24, 2017

Embrace


      The word embrace is related to my 2017 word, nurture. To embrace means to accept and support something willingly, and willingly is a very important adverb. Willingly indicates our heart is involved. Since embrace reminds me of encircling, I recall a passage if scripture which I love.



    O Lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thy righteousness! 
                                                                             2 Nephi 4:33



  To be encircled or embraced with his power, like a robe, fills my soul with comfort.

   In the opposing corner is the encircling power of the adversary. His embrace is a very poor substitute for God. To embrace this power willingly soon chains us to him and renders our will null and void. 



And behold I say unto you all that this was a snare of the adversary, which he has laid to catch this people, that he might bring you into subjection unto him, that he might encircle you about with his chains, that he might chain you down to everlasting destruction.
Alma 12:6

As for me and my house I hope we continually nurture and embrace the righteousness of God. 



 I have been writing with the Five Minute Friday Group for more than two years and I really enjoy the talented writers 

3 comments:

  1. I like how embrace and nurture go together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is encouraging to remember that God's power and presence encircle us and we are never left to face the enemy alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Willingly indicates our heart is involved." I don't think I ever thought it in this way before. That not just my mind, but my heart is involved in doing or giving something willingly. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?