Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Whimsical Writing Wednesday- Surprising Myself

I've been around a long time, and life still has a whole lot of surprises for me. 
Loretta Lynn

Sunrise on my "looking place" drew me like bees to nectar. Photographing the light show was becoming second nature. I drove East when the first streaks of orange peaked out over the trees. The last week of January 2017 brought a spectacular display. Reverence filled my soul. 

The Photograph

God really knew how to paint. As the sun emerged the changing light and hue glued me to the spot. I stared and stared, as I would in a museum seeing The Masters. 

First Layer of Paint
 Could I create anything close to reality? I put each tube of paint on the desk, evaluating whether I had the right colors.

Refining the color ribbons and adding the foliage
 Painting in the silhouettes of foliage was my favorite part. At first the images were a little too symmetrical. This painting forced me to be loose. I was surprised with how easily the paint moved and blended. 

Final Version 
   I was also surprised by what it taught me when I finished. There were more things I loved than hated. My intuition was stronger than expected. What I did well came as a gift. Or did it? 


I am joining Ann Dee Ellis and other writers in using a prompt to record  memoir moments. If you don't write your story, who will?





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You are a talented woman, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job of painting the sunrise and it's interesting to see the different stages of your work.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?