Monday, April 10, 2017

Nurturing Monday- Why do I ignore reality?

   Perception is reality.
                                   Dr. Phil McGraw.





   Which hands look more real? The sun-washed hands or the reflection? April is a month to nurture my sense of reality. Why do I need to nurture it? Because I am guilty of ignoring the truth. From pushing tax day out of mind to seeing the work my yard needs, to entertain family, I often refuse to see the truth. Why? 
    When Issac Lidsky, blind, found himself lost in his neighborhood in D.C. he panicked. He was in fear and dread. His sense of reality closed in around him as if he was in a tunnel. 
    "When I expanded my view and focused on the external realities of the situation, however, seeing beyond the distortions of my internal emotions, I confronted a minor practical problem. There was a simple solution, and with thought and proactivity, successively better ones emerged. " (Eyes Wide Open)

  Fear is a reality warper. It tempts us to ignore the inklings of what is real. Fear of too much work, fear of making mistakes, all these fears need an expanded view of what is true. So how do I expand my view? Can't answer that today but I am definitely open to find answers.






To go to the overview of My Year of Nurturing click here.







  
   

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting topic for the month. It is easy to let fear distort our sense of reality and for us to slip into denial. I'm not sure of the answer either but I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?