Friday, June 2, 2017

Future

When you are young you dream of the future and when you are old you reminisce about the past.

Scripture reminds us to look to the future. Heavenly Father sent messengers, prophets, to unveil what lies before us. But, scripture also reminds us to remember the past. 


 Knee replacement surgery looms in my not so distant future. I prepared for this for years, exercising my arthritic joints so that I could have strong muscles to support a new knee. The choice to replace is a choice to dream of a better future. A future with easeful walking and a steady stance. I remember my Dad struggling to deal with pain in his joints. He did not have a choice to replace his knees or hips. He bravely faced a future of pain. I am grateful and hope to arrive at my dreamed of future.





 I have been writing with the Five Minute Friday group for three years and I really enjoy the talented writers who share themselves each week.

7 comments:

  1. I believe it was the Apostle Paul who exhorted us to put the past behind us and reach toward the future. Not always easy to do, though, and I do think we should sometimes use the past as a teaching tool for the future, as history tends to repeat itself.

    All the best with your knee surgery. My sister-in-law had the same surgery and is doing very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Dayle. Your sister-in-law is another person who had a positive outcome. Yay!

      Delete
  2. Praising the Lord for giving doctors the know-how to make that hope possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the prospect of surgery is daunting but it is good to have the hope of a future with less pain and easier walking. I hope it all goes well- will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for a speedy recovery after your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I s-l-o-w-l-y recover from a far less intensive surgery, I too am sending good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. I love that you have been and are preparing even now. I am always amazed at how much I learn from recovery and that I could have been better prepared seems to be a lesson I need to keep learning. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?