Thursday, August 3, 2017

Nurturing Monday- Anatomy of Patience


    When I try to take apart the word and definition of patience, "right now", seems to be unrelated.  Patience is imbued with waiting for something, not having it right now. Nevertheless, right now I am in recovery from a complete knee replacement. 



Beautiful flowers from friends grace my home. I have a small roaming area due to walking issues but I am anticipating growth, both physically and emotionally.  The month of August will be a chapter of my life entitled "Learning Patience". 


   

Patience can mean waiting, but there is much more to waiting than tapping our foot while time passes. Patience can also be about observing. Consider the patience of a detective who is observing the goings ons of others as she tries to piece together the facts. In observation there is possibility of finding meaning. 



This August I hope to unpack more of the anatomy of patience. I want to nurture it, value it, and make peace with this loaded word. 



To go to the overview of My Year of Nurturing click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?